10/12/2002

SO it's saturday. Woohoo. I coulda worked all day, but if I did, the kids would have just sat in front of the tv, so when the baby woke from his am nap, we made pbj's and headed to the park. Nice walk and had a pleasant time. On the way home we ran in to some sadness. A home that a nice older gentleman lived in is looking unkempt. That can only mean he is ill or worse. ;-( I feel bad that I don't even know his name. He was often outside when we would go to the park and just say hi to the kids. That's all.

Then, we went another block and wonderment! There were at least 20 or more butterflies hovering over the fence draped with some kind of flowering vine at the back of this one house. We stood there for 5 or 10 minutes just hoping one would land close by so we could see clearly. They were orange and black and white - like tissue paper flying. A couple of them buzzed us - flying all wonky - I am thinking they were freshly hatched! Wished I had a camera with me.

Good but stressful news: I have three potential clients on the line, and an article due for Graphic Goo and one for Pixelitas. What was I thinking? That'll be it for new stuff until after Christmas, I think. I need to concentrate on things here for awhile - birthday season and choir happenings and Thanksgiving and Christmas and finishing the house. We came up with the money to finish it early and so we are putting a rush on that to hopefully get done before Christmas! That is good then FIL can move in. Can't wait!