2/25/2002

Made two new sets this weekend- Tiger Lily and Icelandic Poppy. I am lovin' the flowers, man! It must be spring fever! At least I am not going shopping! That could be dangerous. Well, I have done a bit of shopping via the internet. I found a great deal on the entire Chronicles of Narnia hardbound into one book for $29 at Amazon(used). May not be the cheapest, but it came like new and was less than the $90 for the individual hardcover books and my son is loving the color format. The cover has a color version of the map of Narnia. I think he looks on that as much as he reads! He loves this book. Someone has been reading Narnia in our house for nearly a year now! He reads a few pages every night before he goes to bed. It is his first literature blitz. If he's anything like me, they'll keep coming as he grows. I couldn't get enough of great stories - Little Women, Little House, and so many more I can't list them here. Right now we are reading aloud a funny book called Miss Pickerell Goes to the Moon. Very funny!

In one of my yahoogroups, the ladies got into a husband bashing session. It went back and forth for awhile - "my husband's worser than yours" etc. then the rest of us had to say, hold it! It seems that one of the reasons these ladies have problems is because of their attitudes. I said, "I defend the wives need to have a shoulder to cry on, but I do feel very uncomfortable with this thread. I have complaints, too, (who doesn't - LOL!?!) but I sure wouldn't want my husband bashing my character to a group of 600+ strangers without my knowledge or ability to respond. If that happened to me, it would seem unfair and demeaning. [i.e. NOT honoring our husbands the way we are told.] While I do need the occasional opportunity to talk out my issues, for me, this group isn't the place. No offense ladies! Just my opinion for the record." One of the ladies had an excellent post in response to to the "mayhem". On the "Husbands" thread, I would like to say only the following: Ephesians 5:22, Genesis 2:18,Proverbs 12:4, 1 Corinthians 7:13-16, Matthew 7:1-5, Titus 3:2-3, Titus 2:4-5. Now, I don't claim to be perfect. On the contrary, I was sorely tempted to join in on the bashing. Glad I didn't. These verses would have been even more convicting!!! LOL! Thank you Lord. As I read through these verses, I realize that this was a much better way to respond - my opinion doesn't matter . . . only God's "opinion" does. Next time.

Henry is so proud. He lost a tooth eating Dewars Chews yesterday and didn't have all the drama. We had no idea it was ready to come out. So, if you need a solution, I suggest apples or Dewars Chews Follow the link - you'll never be sorry!

Kaitlin just alarmed in with a stuffy emergency . . . her rooster (homemade from now departed Grandma Terri) needs major surgery! Got to grab my medical bag and jump in the ambulance. Bye!