8/28/2002

Fun. Doing what I love again. I get to make a web page and got the domain name for a new homeschool group to grow out of our church. You can check out www.coreathome.com later for a look. Right now there's nothing there. I have it forwarding to a page at Rigdonia, but I think my "server dude", as I like to call him, will probably let me set up a new comp web, since it's an non-profit site. (He's a really nice server dude!) So anyway, taking (constructive) suggestions for the graphics and layout. The C.O.R.E. at Home stands for, "The Company of Reformed Educators at Home." (What is reformed, you ask? Well, I suspect there will be content on the site to speak to that. I am not sure that I can treat it completely myself, esp. not in a blog entry! Very basically the reformed part speaks to our world view - that God created the earth in 7 days, that he sent his only son to die for our sins, that Jesus rose again, that He is coming back, that the Bible is the inerrant word of god to be taken literally and most relevant here: that we do everything to the honor and glory of God, who should also be in charge of and central to our homeschools. "Therefore, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God" (1 Cor. 10:31).
Boy, putting that in type is convicting. Hmmmm . . . ) Anyway, the logo will have to be an apple core. I sprang for one from Eyewire The motto will be "Stressing the "core" of covenant education - nurturing the seeds of the coming generation." Cool, eh? So I am thinking a left red side link bar and an apple core logo - maybe I'll add some geometric designs or something. This is my first site design for a more structured need rather than a personal site. It feels harder because I have to pull back and keep it simple. Kinda hard for me. Oh well, I suppose I'll rise to the occassion!

LATER: Here is a sloppy first attempt - coding is not neat, just trying out the graphics, mostly!