5/25/2002

Another date night thanks to my generous neighbor Amy. She's so cool. In the middle of a complete kitchen remodel, she had two of her own(3 yr and 5 mo), was babysitting her neice(6), babysat my two (9 and 4) this evening and had another neighbor girl(6) over to play most of the evening! While her own kids were fast asleep, Amy played Star Wars Monopoly with my kids till all hours just to please Henry, who had to put up with all those girls all night! And all while her fireman hubby was on the job. I wanna be like her when I grow up. Oh, wait . . . it's too late now, eh? Bummer. And she fed them pizza. And wouldn't take money but we got her . . . we brought her home a half gallon of Dewar's Peanut Butter Fudge Ice Cream! Bet she's digging into it right now! Her eyes did light up a bit when she saw it. Kindness like that just deserves Dewars! That's all I have to say about it.

We went to see Insomnia tonight. It was pretty interesting, not what I thought it would be. But being pregnant and watching Al Pacino's eyes get glossy and out of focus all night made me pretty tired. Thankfully, I am currently on a sugar high - LOL. The theatre packed up cheek to cheek even with Star Wars . . . it was nice in Insomnia - no kids in that one! Mostly us old folk. Ha. Had Mexican food, a Que Pasa restaurant - seafood enchiladas - Excelente!