5/23/2002

So . . . at the risk of appearing like a crazed tv fan . . . did anyone watch Trading Spaces yesterday? Surprisingly enough, I liked both Doug and Hildi's rooms! For some reason, I couldn't find pictures of it on the net yet - watch for North Carolina:Southerby Drive, but Hildi's room made me think of Jenn's personal website. Jenn, I would have called you right on the spot, but I assumed it probaby wasn't on - I forgot I was watching cable! duh! Anyway, Hildi actually did a room NOT in dark brown or some such thing - no felt on the walls - no teal green grout! She did this whole room in a green similar to Jenn's personal site graphics, even added crackle-finished shoji screens and furniture - sort of a monochromatic thing, except for the DEEP PURPLE VELVET LOVESEAT and CHAIR! I so thought of Jenn right away and just loved the room. I am gonna keep these colors in mind for my master bedroom whenever we get to the design point! It was striking. Very cool for Hildi. (Doug's room was less impressive, but pretty good for him, although maybe a little too themed? Not sure how I feel about it, but the painting technique he used was very unique!) OK - so that's the story of my afternoon yesterday! That, and folding clothes. Wowee, I can't stand it!